Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Nora I have a small carnival glass bowl, could you date

Customer Question

Hi Nora I have a small carnival glass bowl, could you date and appraise it for me?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Yes, certainly. Thank you for the request.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, What is the dimension across the bowl, and at your convenience, please send a clear, in-focus image of the bowl turned upside-down so I can see the decoration on it. Thank you, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5 1/2" X 3 1/2"
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the dimensions.
At your convenience, please send a clear, in-focus image of the bowl turned upside-down so I can see the decoration on it.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't want a freaking phone call. I want to work on line. If you can't do that, please refer this to another antique expert asap.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
That was an auto-response sent by the company and not me. I have no control over any of the company messages being sent to you. As an appraiser, it is necessary for me to see items so phone calls are not really conducive to this category.
Your response does seem to indicate you are upset though. Would it be better if I opt-out and open your question to all the experts again?
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have been experiencing this pop up for 2 days. I have tried numberous times to get through to you with no luck. I have told them 4 times that I do not want a phone call. They don't seem to be able to get rid of it. I was hoping they would see it, but instead my anger got to you, and you don't deserve it. What's up with them?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, You can send a query to***@******.***. experts here are verified users and not employees of the company, I have no ability to make the pop-ups cease nor to request they stop - and I cannot answer to how their system functions. I merely answer appraisal questions, and if the customer leaves me a positive rating, I receive compensation. I cannot be of much help in that realm. I will be happy to assess this item for you, I just need to see an image of it upside down so I can see the pattern design. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to send that image to you repeatedly and I get an offer for a phone call for $18.00????????
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Try sending through the phone call request and I can reject it from my end and that should put a stop to the pop-up. When I reject it, then that $18 won't process.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like a plan.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
ok, will reject the offer when it 'pops up' on my screen.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Did you post this question again under a different user name, or is it just coincidence that two different customers here have the same item?
~Nora