Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Grandmas very ornately carved dresser, vanity & bench.

Customer Question

I have grandmas very ornately carved dresser, vanity & bench. What style and time period are they from.
Barb
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. Have you checked for any maker labels or stamps? At your convenience, please send photos of the dresser and the bench. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. Experts do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See 3 attached pics.
There are no markings other than the pic of the back, black stencil.
I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio and would like to sell these 3 items.
The dresser is missing one pull knob, but we are searching the house for it.
The bench is rickety & needs supports.
Other than that pretty good condition.
How would you describe these pieces?
What is their approx value?
Where is the best place to sell them?
Thanks in advance,
Barb
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Barb~ Thank you for your patience. Your vanity and bench with dresser set dates to circa 1920 - 1930. The style is referred to as Renaissance Revival, as it is copying decorative elements seen on furniture from the 1400’s -1500’s in Europe at that time. Renaissance Revival style furniture was very popular in the 1st quarter of the 20th century. On today’s market, expect to garner a high of $300 for the vanity and bench set and $300 - $400 for the dresser. There are several ways to sell your items. You can go through a local antique shop or local auction houses. Pawn shops are good for an outright cash sale. A shop takes in inventory to sell for a profit, so they will offer you a percentage of the price at which they may be able to sell to a willing buyer someday. An auction house will take a percentage of whatever the end sale price may be. Another option would be to list your items on Craigslist yourself at a fair price. Craigs is free and they do not take a fee, so that is where you will make the most out of the end price. Online auction options would be Ebay, Etsy & Amazon. Though bear in mind, those options involve packing and shipping. Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know! Your question will NOT close after you leave rating. Sincerely,Nora