Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have 2 Asian dolls, a male and female, who are about to marry

Customer Question

I have 2 Asian dolls, a male and female, who are about to marry or have just married. They are wearing ethnic (wedding) costumes which are very elaborate. Lots of brocade and
asian symbols and very elaborate head covers as well. The female is carrying a large fan, trimmed with down/feathers. The feet and hands are made from cloth and their heads are a hard substance, laminated with cloth. The faces are beautifully painted. These dolls stand 32" high. They don't appear to be antique, vintage possibly. I would like to know what ethnicity they are and what their value might be.
Thank you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. At your convenience, please send photos. When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely,Nora