Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a set of silverware that came from Mussolini Tomb during

Customer Question

I have a set of silverware that came from Mussolini Tomb during WW1. Would like to know how much it is worth.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. At your convenience, please send more photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the note on the box. When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely,Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When will you call me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the note on the box will be ideal. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely,Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I received your images, thank you.
How many pieces total do you have in the flatware set?
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NoraThere is a set of six.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
May I please know a total number of pieces of flatware in the set.
Thank you,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NoraThere are 12 pieces to the set.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming that you have 12 pieces total.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
You mention in your original posting that these are from Mussolini's tomb during WWI (1914 - 1918).
Mussolini was executed at the end of WWII in 1945 and his remains were not officially moved to his family crypt after 1957.
May I please know how it came about that your information is that these were in his tomb during WWI?
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora
It was handed down through the family that the solider that sent the silverware to Lisa's grandmother said that is where the silverware came from.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora