rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have an antique picture of sheep, some standing grazing and

Customer Question

I have an antique picture of sheep, some standing grazing and some lying one with a babe, there are also chickens in the picture the animals appear to be inside a barn. the corner has Chicago Tribune and right hand corner has copyright 1900 Chicago Colortype Co.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a chromolithograph of an art supplement that was published in the Chicago Tribune in 1900. The artist is Eugene Verboeckhoven, Jr. The original painting was done in 1869. These pieces sell for about $130 to $140.00 if they are in nice frames with glass and are in good condition.