Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a large oil painting of St cescilia The old canvas

Customer Question

I have a large oil painting of St cescilia
The old canvas is nail into the wooden frame.
Painted by polidori
Thank you Maryvonne Adams
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.There are several artists with the last name Polidori. Do you have a first initial or name? Also what are the dimensions of your painting, not including the frame? Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
75cm x100cm
Thank you for the dimensions.Do you know the initial or first name of the artist?Please send me a photo of the painting so that perhaps I can match the style of the artist with one of the Polidoris.To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or paper clip you see on your reply page.If none is there then you may use the free internet photo siteimgur.com Use the following instructions:Go to http://www.imgur.com a. Click "Computer" b. Find the photo file on your computer that you want to send c. Click open on the file d. You will see a Start Upload link on the imgur.com page. Click on it e. Your image will appear on the screen f. Highlight and copy the address link under Direct Link to the right on the imgur page g. Paste that link into your reply box on Just AnswerKind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent you a photo just click on it
Please resend the photo. Yours did not come through. I am trying to identify the artist by style since we do not have a first name.Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I am very busy I have sent it through 3 times. I do not have a first name. I will try again to send a photo. Thanks
Your photo has come through. Thank you so much. I will get to work on your question in a few minutes.Kind regards,Doris
The style of your painting of St. Cecilia is the same as that of Carlo Polidori, an Italian dating 1895-1962. He signed his paintings "Polidori."
When assessing an artist's work, appraisers must look at sales of works by the same artist. Art gallery sales prices are private.
We must then go to auction sales prices which are public. When using comparable work by the same artist, medium, subject matter and size are factors to be considered.
Appraisers most often use price per square inch of previously sold comparable works by the same artist as a measure of value.
After studying auction sales of works by Polidori, I determined that the estimated auction value of your 29.5 x 39.4" painting would be $6755 assuming some wear.
A retail art gallery would charge double the auction sales price.
This means your painting would have an estimated retail value of $13,510.
A private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60% of retail value.
I hope I have helped you.
If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.
All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.
I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.
If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you.
All you have to do is put my name (Doris) at the beginning of your question.
Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.
Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.
Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.
Kind regards.
Doris
Hi there!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Let me know,
Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very good thank you
Please consider giving me a positive rating. It is the only way I am compensated by Just Answer for my work.
You should see five stars or five happy faces with my answer. This is where you rate me. Rating me a positive
does not cost you any extra.
Kind regards,
Doris