Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Not sure but have a heavy cut glass fruit bowl form the thrift

Customer Question

Not sure but have a heavy cut glass fruit bowl form the thrift shop which has silver edge and base.
there is an F in gothic within a shield shape then a T with 5 point crown then .. very difficult to read as quite worn but looks like TE ? AL
just trying to trawl the hall mark info on internet and stumbled upon your web site
Wow how wonderful
hope you can help
regards pam
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal. When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range. When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely,Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora, will attempt to send Photo and hallmk. I now think it is probably false or silver plate ? it is not sterling S
have tried to draw the markings as my photography not that good
Regards Pam.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pam,
Thank you for the images.
In order for me to properly assess what you have, I really need to see the actual mark on the piece.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
~Nora