Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Value of "The Sun Also Rises" by Ernest Hemingway, New York

Customer Question

value of "The Sun Also Rises" by Ernest Hemingway, New York Charles Scribner"s Sons 1953
the book is in almost mint condition
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. A 1953 printing of the iconic tale entitled The Sun Also Rises is a later edition. Book collectors do prefer first editions and early printings. A true first edition, first printing of this is from 1926 and those copies can sell for up to $50,000 on today’s market. A 1953 later published edition sells for a high average of $20 at retail. Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know! Your question will NOT close after you leave rating. Sincerely,Nora