Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I was recent given a john forrest pocket watch free my father.

Customer Question

I was recent given a john forrest pocket watch free my father. It was his fathers, grand father's and I am trying to figure out the symbols inside the dust cover.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would be glad to help. Pictures of these symbols will give me the information that I need. To appraise the watch, I'll also need to see the dial, the covers and a photo of the movement (guts, gears). There are visual clues in all of these areas that can give more historical clues of origin and date. You can attach photos by using the paper clip icon or ADD FILES button. If you do not see either of these features, let me know. The features work best on a desktop computer. When doing photos of small marks, back up a bit so that you can get them in focus.