Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have that lloks like a teapot or convoor two handles with

Customer Question

Hi i have that lloks like a teapot or convoor two handles with a tap on it the markings on it is WmH&S inthe middle a S and then EPBM 01775 thanx
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! Thank you for requesting me.I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Please send me two photos - one of your tea server and one of the marks.You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link you see on your reply page.If it is not there then you may use the free internet photo siteimgur.com Use the following instructions:Go to http://www.imgur.com a. Click "Computer" b. Find the photo file on your computer that you want to send c. Click open on the file d. You will see a Start Upload link on the imgur.com page. Click on it e. Your image will appear on the screen f. Highlight and copy the address link under Direct Link to the right on the imgur page g. Paste that link into your reply box on Just AnswerI look forward to hearing back from you.There is absolutely no hurry.Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanx will do so
Thank you so much for the excellent images.Please allow me time to research your question, calculate current values and write my answer.Kind regards,Doris
Your tea urn was made by William Hutton & Sons about 1880=1889. The S under the initials stands for their Sheffield factory. They had a factory in London as well.The EPBM stands for ElectroPlated Britannia Metal. This means your urn originally was silver plated over a base metal mostly made of pewter called Britannia metal.The original thin layer of silver plating has worn off your piece. The base metal is left.Since it now is mostly pewter, it still has some value to collectors.The retail antiques store value of your urn would be $200-225 assuming good condition with no leaks.A private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60% of retail value.I hope I have helped you.If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you.All you have to do is put my name (Doris) at the beginning of your question.Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.Kind regards.Doris
I did forget to tell you that the numbers 01775 are the pattern/style number.Kind regards,Doris