Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner, Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

Is there a market clothing? We have several

Customer Question

Is there a market for vintage clothing? We have several garments worn by a competitive ballroom dancer from the late 1960s/early 1970s. One of the dresses was designed by Neal-McClintock and was purchased at the Tropicana Dress Shop at the Tropicana Casino
in Las Vegas.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Thank you for all the information.I researched your question before I decided to answer.Yes, there is a market for vintage clothing although the prices are uually far less than the item originally cost if less than 10-15 years old.For example, your Neal-McClintock ballroom dress would have a retail vintage store value of $40-50 assuming good condition.In addition to online auctions like eBay, there are antiques and collectibles sites that have vintage clothing pieces. You can place ads here or set up your own store.Some of the best are -etsy.comrubylane.com1stdibs.comA private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60% of retail value.I hope I have helped you.If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you.All you have to do is put my name (Doris) at the beginning of your question.Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.Kind regards.Doris