Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I found here in El Paso secondhand a framed 5 inch by 7 inch

Customer Question

I found here in El Paso secondhand a framed 5 inch by 7 inch image depicting a clownette holding her hand above a dog dancing on its hind lefts. Behind her is a multicolored beach ball. The whole scene is very vividly colored and appears to have contouring that matches the outlines of the figures. The surfaces are very glossy.
In the lower left is a faint "MR", and in the lower right some scribbly figures in black which I cannot decipher.
Is this what is known as a porcelain plaque? If so do I need to remove it from the frame that it is enclosed in to see if there are other idicia in order to identify the maker?
Appreciative of any clues,
Ryden Richardson, Jr.
El Paso, Texas
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ryden Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed. Could you provide pictures? Thanks