Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I HAVE A LITHOGRAPH OF LOUIS THE SIXTEENTH OF FRANCE. THIS

Customer Question

I HAVE A LITHOGRAPH OF LOUIS THE SIXTEENTH OF FRANCE. THIS ART IS WENT HE IS SAYING GOOD BY TO HIS FAMILY..I TRY TOO LOCATED THIS ON THE INTERNET BUT NO ANSWER.. I TRYED EVERY WERE BUT STILL NO ANSWER. THIS IS A VERY RARE FIND.THE ONLY THING I KNOW IS THAT THIS ART IS VERY SCARES THATS ALL I KNOW I KNOW THAT THIS ART IS VERY BIG ..BECAUSE I KNOW .THANK YOU MIKE.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Thank You for your question, my name is***** am a verified expert and will be working with you today.
This is a rare engraving which is in a few museum collections.
The final interwiew of Louis the Sixteenth
Louis XVI seated in the Temple Prison, one foor on a stool, with armed guards on the left, embracing his family, Marie Antoinette standing on the right tearing her hair, flinging out her right hand in supplication, the dauphin with his arms around his father's neck and two other girls leaning in tears against him; open-letter proof. 1795
Here is a link for more information from the British Museum.
http://www.britishmuseum.org/research/collection_online/collection_object_details.aspx?objectId=1600282&partId=1
Thank you,
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.Thanks again,Wayne