rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a picture I seem not to find any info on It looks to

Customer Question

I have a picture I seem not to find any info on It looks to be the crucifixion of Jesus AT Calvary in great detail
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Is there anything written on the print? Is there anything written on the back?Thanks,Wayne
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is like a strange doodle in one of the stones but nothing on framework

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Really nothing I know it's really old there is a marking on one of the stones but you can't tell if it's a signature or part oh the picture

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi Laurie,
I am not able to find a match for your print. I will open the question up to other experts, perhaps someone else will be able to help you.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We're can I possibly find an answer

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size and please send more images of the full picture, close-up of mark on stone and the back side (do not remove from frame).
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My pictures won't download for some reason please send me a new link the picture is 20x30

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
The images are attached here.
You mention this being a Calvary on the Mount Crucifixion scene, though there is not an image of Jesus on the cross here - may I please know why you attribute this image to such?
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If you look were the women are looking there are three crosses way in the distance

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi~
I do not see that in the attached images.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a lithograph (print) of a painting originally painted by Henry Gustave Schmalz (Britain, 1856-1935) entitled Return from Calvary. The print was published by Louis Wolfe and Co of London in about 1915. The actual painting was in color and was painted in 1891 and is in a private collection.This lithograph has a value of $100.00 us dollars.