Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

A Genuine Ed Boos Sweetheart Cedar Chest, manufactured in 1948-1949

Customer Question

A Genuine Ed Boos Sweetheart Cedar Chest, manufactured in 1948-1949 in Forest Park, Ill. Chest Style No 5025 and Serial No. B 24927; Still has the original card stock label inside guaranteeing the contents for three years against moth damage. Insured by the St. Paul Fire and Marine Insurance Company for us to $250.00.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that the three images above are identical. The two images below show the card stock label inside the chest and the outside of the cedar chest with the cut out hole where the clock used to be.
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Your late 1940's cedar chest would have been produced by the Edward Roos Company in Forrest Park, IL.The company which had it's roots in Chicago began producing under the Roos Manufacturing name in the 1870's and later became the Edward Roos Co. in 1916. They would continue to produce the cedar chests into the 1940's.In the current market Edward Roos Cedar Chests Retail between 300-400 dollars in excellent overall condition.In fair to good condition you would be looking at closer to the 100-200 doll range in a secondary market setting. Without the clock you would be close to the 150 USD value. Damage including any cosmetic or structural damage would detract from the value. I hope this information was helpful to you today,Best of luck with your vintage Edward Roos Cedar Chest,Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated,Thank You,FrankPlease let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system