Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I found four artifacts or stone tools 30 years ago , i would

Customer Question

i found four artifacts or stone tools 30 years ago , i would like a value or appraisal ,who would i talk to about these old tools from the stone age
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Were these excavated by you or purchased already found?
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i found these artifacts myself, 32 years ago out side a cave in illinois on the side or 70 to 100 feet off the little walbash river
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have hunted indian artifacts with my father my whole life but never seen anything like these tools since i found these , i have looked in books ,and hunted all over illinois ,i was lucky to find all four together ,these are old
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information.
I can provide estimates of sale for these excavated objects, though I presume since you are a lifelong artifact hunter you have good knowledge of market values.
I am not able to identify the use of the exact use artifacts. If that is information you are seeking - I can opt-out and open your question to all the experts again.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
out of all the years i have hunted i have never seen or found these kind of tools ,i have knowledge of most but i do not know what they are , i have spent thirty two years trying to match but their is nothing i know of that even comes close , and to find the whole set in a three foot area i was lucky but i need more info on them please
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Understood.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you