Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Seth Thomas wall clock, inside label says Thomaston, Conn,

Customer Question

Seth Thomas wall clock, inside label says Thomaston, Conn, Warranted Good, square wood case with etched glass picture of girl with calf, calf wearing flower garland around it's neck; would like to know what the year of manufacture is and approximate value. According to my late father, it was a gift from his grandfather to his grandmother on the birth of their first son about 1890, possibly earlier as Dad's father was the tenth of ten children. Works perfectly, lovely chimes, able to read directions for setting and care inside the case behind the etched glass. Thank you!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Kim D. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** and I am a certified appraiser with 25 years in a museum and in the field much it with high quality pieces such as this Seth Thomas..lovely description...I am happy to help.
Do you have any images to share? This would help greatly.
You can try to attach something with the paper clip icon tool if the system will accept them or use our email system through the support team who will forward images to me –‘
Send images to:
***@******.***
"Kim D. in antiques" in the subject line will help the support team find me.
Please do let me know if you are having image issues - I know that this can be tricky and we do have other options if something is causing you a problem.
Thank so much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kim D. my husband has cancer and is currently at home, so I've had my hands full and couldn't reply to you immediately. I will talk with my sister, the computer wizard, about getting some pictures to you as fast as we can. I do know the clock was in my Dad's family from the time his grandmother received it and I inherited it when Daddy died. Loved it as a child, love it today but will part with it if necessary in order to care for my husband. Thank you for your assistance; my sister will be here later today, Saturday, 18 July, so hopefully I can get back to you soon. Thanks again, Jude Storm
Expert:  Kim D. replied 1 year ago.
No problem. I have been getting home a camper myself this weekend. So I have been distracted.
This sounds like excellent provenance since it has been gently cared for in the same family.
I will look forward to hearing from you then!
Kim