Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have German prayer book from 1647. It is not in good condition.

Customer Question

I have German prayer book from 1647. It is not in good condition. The pages deteriorated along the edges. The binding is still intact. It is about the size of a small woman's hand.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos of the title and publisher page(s).
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora,Thanks for your answer. I have taken several photos, but can't get them to load using the +ADD FILES link, or through the instructions on the /how link. If you can tell me how to get them to you, I'll send them right away.Thanks,
Lee Ann
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lee Ann, You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email. Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lee Ann, My screen shows that you sent a response, but one is not showing here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent an email, as you suggested.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for the heads-up on emailing images. I will certainly let you know when they have arrived to me. In the meantime, be on the look-out for a confirmation email from customer service confirming they have received your images and will forward to me. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't heard from you in a couple of days. Any progress?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lee Ann,
I have not yet received any images.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm pretty frustrated. I sent the pictures to the email address you gave me, but you didn't receive them. I can't attach them here, and I've paid $25 for this service. Do you have ny other suggestions?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lee Ann, One images is attached here - please try again, with the rest of the pictures. As for the charge, please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. Experts do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, please email***@******.*** ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wasn't ranting at you, just frustrated with the digital process! Thanks for your help. I'll try to attach another. And another. I still don't understand why the email I sent wasn't forwarded to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, lookie there! It worked! Thanks, Nora! Look forward to hearing from you!
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience.
In order for me to properly assess the for you, I really need to see just clear, in-focus close-up images of the front title and publisher page(s).
Please send them at your convenience.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no front title or publisher page. I have sent photos of the front.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you for clarifying.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I am not able to make a signature match to this book for you.
I can provide the contact information of a dealer who may know this book.
~OR~
I can opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional fee. Opening the question is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Sincerely,
Nora