Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a Tenby teapot that i would like a date on. I can

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Tenby teapot that i would like a date on. I can upload a pix of the pottery mark and the teapot. It has a couple of cracks and a poor repair job so not worth much.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for choosing us.

My name is ***** ***** I'd like to see if I can help.

I apologize for the wait, but we don't work set hours. Every expert is more or less freelance and different experts with different expertise are online at different times. For the most part, nearly every expert in this category is based in the US, so for us right now it's pretty late at night which means even less experts working.

That kneeling potter backstamp is one that was used by a number of companies over the years. It started as Dale Hall and was founded about 1790. Your version was used by one of the later companies called Keeling and Co. They used that mark from 1887 to 1935.

There really isnt' a way to narrow that date down any further. It doesn't have a registration number and they didn't keep records on the pattern names. All of those records have long since been lost.

If you have a picture of the pattern, I can maybe narrow it down further.

When you're able, here's a few different methods of how can send photos:
If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" you can use that to upload photos

Here's another way that works really well:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.
1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If those don't work you can email them.

Email the pictures to***@******.***

They have to be sent from the same email address that you used to sign up Answer (which is usually the email address you use to Log In). It has to be the same email address or JA won't recognize it and they'll just delete them.

Make sure you tell them that you've tried everything and that you're trying to get pictures to me (DianaF) in antiques and give them your screen (customer) name and your real name.

That should do it.

Thanks,
Diana