Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My grandfather received a gold watch made by shreve in 1935

Customer Question

My grandfather received a gold watch made by shreve in 1935 for his service working at Crocker Bank in San Francsisco, Ca. How can I find out the vaue?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Do you have any photos of the watch as well as the watch works you may be able to send? Do you see any maker's names or markings on the watch other than Shreve? Do you see a mark eluding to the metal content? 10K 14K, 18K? Is the watch still in working order? There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows: UPLOAD:The link below will direct you through our upload processhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert EMAIL:You can also email pictures to***@******.*** with ATTNCustomerin the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.Thank you for your time, Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Frank, I have attached pictures. It only says Shreve as the maker, I can not see any markings as far as gold markings. The watch is in working order.Thank you for your assistance.Julianne Payne
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello Julianne,Have you ever opened up the back of the watch to see the markings on the inside of the case? The gold mark maybe there due to the writing on the back. If you are unable to do so let me know and I can give you two values for the watch based on what I can see.Thanks again,Frank