rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a old glory England 1892 picture and bowl with a lady

Customer Question

I have a old glory England 1892 picture and bowl with a lady painted on it, looking to sell. moving and cant take with. not sure what to do?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark on the set.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just put my credit card info in and im upset ... this has not given me any info and I better not be billed of anything. I don't want a monthly fee for what????
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I will be able to assess your set by seeing the maker mark. Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. Experts do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, please email***@******.*** Please let me know if you would like to continue. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There,
I have not found a match to this for you.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a reproduction piece made in the 1970's meant to look like a piece from the Victorian era. The lady is a burnished transfer rather than hand painted and the details, texture of the porcelain and the gold trim are in the wrong proportions for an old piece. This company also made these with cows in landscapes with the words Old Glory England 1892. These items were actually imported from Japan in the 1970's. The set has a value of $20.00.