Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Looking date on a teapot – pottery marks on base: TENBY

Customer Question

looking for a date on a teapot – pottery marks on base: TENBY below this a logo of a potter throwing a pot surmounting the date 1790. below this : K & C B, below this : LAT E MAYERS. It looks a lot like a teapot made by Keeling in the 1880s, probably a Tenby copy. Any information?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora, I'll have to send the pix tomorrow as it is getting late here (Sydney). Could you please send a copy of this email to this address –***@******.*** as I am on my partner's computer at the moment and the address you have is his email address. Thank you. Karen Weiss
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, That is fine - send over images at your convenience. If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am not at my computer. Please rest assured that I will attend to your postings as soon as I am signed back in again. I can only post responses on this thread. Your email address has been censored from my view on my screen. Sincerely, Nora