Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a small covered porcelain handled Jar and lid with a

Customer Question

I have a small covered porcelain handled Jar and lid with a small dish under it. The Painting is of a lady feeding a man grapes. The jar has a deliberate quarter sized hole on the bottom. The marking is Austria and another gold marking. 4" high. signed by Boucher.
What was it used for?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know how to post a picture...I can photo it with my i-phone but then what do I do?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email. Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never got an answer.
Myrna Bernard
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Myrna,
I have not received any images yet. In order to properly assess what you have I really need to see the item in question.
~Nora