Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

What is the commission usually taken by shops to sell

Customer Question

What is the commission usually taken by shops to sell antiques ?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. Consignment antique stores who take in items to sell for owners have their own contracts with their sellers. Usually the commission ranges from 40% - 60%. It is best to set your net price, or the amount you want to garner for the sale of the item you own. The consignment shop will decide if the commission they take will be within the price range of their customer base. For example, if a shop takes 50% commission and you want $100 net for an you own, the shop will have to charge $200 to cover their commission and your net. Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know! Your question will NOT close after you leave rating. Sincerely,Nora