Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an antique chair that my Mother recieved from her best

Customer Question

I have an antique chair that my Mother recieved from her best friend who stated that it was over 100 years old and she gave it to my Mother as she had no family. It has original horsehair underneath new upholstery material. Original small wooden wheels on the front legs of the chair, back legs stationary. Backrest of chair tall and slanted, the lady said to accomodate a soldiers saber. At the front of the arms of the chair are exquisitely carved hound dog heads, in perfect condition.
I may have to sell this chair and am anxious to know what it is worth and where do I sell such an antique. Thanks for your time.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Having trouble sending pix. will try as an attachment
Terry