Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in decorative arts especially ceramics, silver, paintings, and furniture.
63759197

I have 2 sets of Copenhagen china from 1800s - 1900s

Customer Question

hello I have 2 sets of Copenhagen china from 1800s - 1900s and I am having a hard time finding someone to appraise them for me could you point me in a direction so I might can sell this dishes
thank you Mike Buchanan
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike,I would be more than happy to appraise these for you right here.All I need is a clear shot of the bottom of the coffee pot (or any of the pieces) to show the marks, and I'll assume the whole set was bought at the same time and has the same marks -except of course, for the form numbers which will all be different, and I'll explain that when I see the photo of the mark.Many thanks and wait to hear,Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. I don't have the coffee pot pic. but I do have one of the dishes pic. of the back of the dish I hope this will help
thank you
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the picture of the marks, that helps a lot.From the marks I can see this cup and saucer are two different ages. The saucer is a very old mark dating to the period 1894 - 1900 and the cup almost as old, circa 1900 - 1914All of this china is Royal Copenhagen's first great pattern (pattern number 1) called "Blue Fluted Full Lace". It's one of the most desirable porcelain patterns in the world and certainly Royal Copenhagen's most sought after. This antique cup and saucer on its own would sell at auction or on line for $140 - $180. (Full replacement/insurance value: $360) I'll assume that the rest of the set is about the same age.So...If you look at the mark on each you'll see a fractional number in green, that always has a one on top, as in 1/1130 on the cup. The top number is ***** pattern number ('1' for "Full Lace") and the bottom number is ***** type of ware, eg teacup, coffee pot, bowl, etc.If you can read off and give me a list of those numbers I'll give you values. If you can add the name of the piece, all the better, but I should be able to tell what it is from the number.Many thanks and wait to hear,Robert
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.
Did I lose you?