Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a antique bedroom set that has been in the family for

Customer Question

I have a antique bedroom set that has been in the family for years. One of the bed slates has a paper tag tacked to it and is only partially readable. I believe it says Central Furniture associates. The backside shows circular saw marks. The nail heads are not round. The set includes a wash stand, Vanity with candle shelves on each side of the mirror, and bed. The finish is now black with age. The bed head board is very tall at over 6 ft. The corner posts on the bed are 4 x 4" square. The drawer pulls are of the tear drop design. How old do you think is and is it worth anything other then a sentimental value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos of the pieces in the suite and a clear, in-focus close-up of the label.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is the base to the vanity top. Being a "newbe" I had did not know to send more than one photo on your site. I will try to get a close up of the label. It is faded with age somewhat damaged. I will try to take one and send it to you.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Try repeating the process for additional images. Thank you, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assume got the new pictures. The bed head board is still in storage and not readable available to photograph
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you make out the label?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I can read the label and thank you for the additional images.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora:
I have to leave now. Is there anything else you may need to know before I log out?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Not at the moment, thank you.