Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a small table throw i guess you would call it that appears

Customer Question

i have a small table throw i guess you would call it that appears to be a scene from Venice. It was amongst my great grandmothers items not sure if it has any value.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora, there is a photo with the original question.(if you can not open it please let me know) I cannot find a mark but then I'm not really sure where to look either.Dan
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dan,
My apologies for the confusion, my editing did not function on the prior posting. Yes, the image is attached here and viewable.
If there is not a visible tag on the back side, then one is likely not there. It would not be in a hidden or secret spot on the piece.
What I intended to ask is if I could please see a clear, in-focus image of the surface, front and back so I can see the texture.
Thank you,
Nora