Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a Barbie doll that my father bought me sometime between

Customer Question

I have a Barbie doll that my father bought me sometime between 1960-62, she is marked on her R butt as Barbie r. so I take it she is 1961-62, her L but has the numbers 8 30. Can you narrow down the year she was made.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
l hope these snapshots help. Not sure if they are clear enough
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I am not able to see the markings in the image.
Please send new photos at your convenience.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The markings are really muted. I can't seem to get a very good pic especially of the numbers. I have a hard time reading them on the doll. The first number is ***** 6 or 8 followed by a space then either 30,35 or 36.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please send clear images at your convenience. Best would be in natural light. Thank you, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Guess I will have to wait til I can get some better pics.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I can wait for images, which is totally fine with me. ~OR~ I can opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional fee. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm trying to figure out how to work my camera so I can load the pics on line. Not sure I can with this computer but I'm working on it. May have to use someone else's puter and email myself the pics LOL
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
OK, I am fine to wait as long as you need.
~Nora