Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a very lovely blue porcelain cat with green glass eyes.

Customer Question

i have a very lovely blue porcelain cat with green glass eyes. on the inside of bottom it says mosonic. the cat has a red cross sign on foot so i assume it was made during ww1 shll i send a picture as i am very curious as to its value
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I have received one image of your cat figural.
Please add a photo here of the marks on the underside.
Thank you,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just sent 2 pics did u receive them
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Yes, thank you.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
Thank you for the images and for your patience.
This is a Mosanic (note not Masonic) signed hand painted faience glaze cat figural with glass eyes.
Mosanic wares were produced in Bavaria from 1895 - 1917, which does place yours to possibly being made during WWI. Mosanic though German-based was English owned by a London businessman, Max Emanuel who had a retail shop in the city and worked with glasswares. Mosanic later became Mitterteich.
Your antique Mosanic hospital patient theme cat figural with glass eyes can sell for $600 - $800 on today's market. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $1500.
Here is a link for you to a match that sold for $619.24:
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/mosanic-max-emanuel-co-military-427595379
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora