Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have been cleaning out my mother's house to sell it. It

Customer Question

I have been cleaning out my mother's house to sell it. It is full of Indian Artifacts because my great grandmother worked for the then Department of the Interior, now the Bureau of Indian Affairs from the late 1800's to 1925. She kept great notes and traveled to every Indian Reservation across the U.S. She sometimes took the stage coach and other times a train. While she was in Oklahoma a man who was a teacher gave her this article which I found in a drawer that hadn't been uncovered (piled high with clutter since I was a little girl). He had formally been a missionary in Northern Mountains of India. While he was there a Buddhist Pagoda was hit by lightning and was destroyed. Pili books were kept in a vault and leaves were scattered. He got 3 leaves (i suspect from different books) and he gave them to my Great Grandmother in 1912. A handwritten note and then typed was inside the two pieces of wood holding the Palm Leaves. It stated that they were then 800 years old which would make them 900 today. My question is: What are they worth and who should I give them to???????
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
I received your images and thank you for your patience.
On today's market, an original framed watercolor by Frank F. English (1854 - 1922) would carry an average auction estimate of $800 - $1200. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $3000.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
My apologies, I sent someone else's answer to you inadvertently. My apologies for the confusion.
If I may 'start over' with you here - my name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with the item in question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora