Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Table Gate-leg - Middle part of Banqueting table from

Customer Question

Table Gate-leg - Middle part of Banqueting table from Rufford Abbey Rutland (The Dukines) - now in ruins- made from Spanish Mahogany - ( Spanish Mahogany forests finished in 1700-so it must be dated long before this. Dated previously by Josephine Grahame
Ballin who used at that time organise the Antique dealers fair in St Albans Brought to Australia 1964 family heritage.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nora it seems like my photo didn't attach apologies
It is the middle part of the banqueting table from Rufford Abbey , Rutland ( family heritage) ( The Dukines) now in ruin
It is Spanish mahogany- the Spanish Mahogany Forests finished in 1700 - so this predates this.
We brought the antiques over from UK prior to 1964- a friend of the family was head of the antique dealers fair in St Albans in UK= Josephine Grahame Ballin .We were advised by her that if it were to be sold it would be better to ship it to London or USA- very unsual having the similar patina in the wood with the table and the 6 cottage Hepplewhite chairs and the two carvers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To avoid confusion I did want you state the value in AUS $ I forget that USA has $ too
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ha ha giving you some curly questions .... Must be fascinating not knowing what might transpire in your "in" box !
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is :)
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Would it be possible for you to send more detailed images of just the table?
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done as gate-leg table not full extension
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There,
I have not found a comparable match to this for you.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your efforts- (smile) it was a curly question!