Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a framed painting artist machy title port of St. Paul,

Customer Question

I have a framed painting artist machy title port of St. Paul, wondering if any value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are the photos I hope
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I need to see the extremely small print right under the picture on the left and right sides. Please send clear, in-focus, close-up images at your convenience.
Cheers,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here r the closeups
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional images.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
Thank you for your patience.
This is a color etching with engraving print. A painting is a one of a kind work of art and prints are produced in multiples. Yours was first published in 1784. It was done by Charles Descourtis after a painting originally done by Pierre-Antoine de Machy of a Vue de Port Saint Paul.
On today’s market, the original print sells for $2000 - $3000 at auction.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora