Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

A tea set that looks like SK made in Germany. It has 6 very

Customer Question

A tea set that looks like SK made in Germany. It has 6 very small cup and saucers, sugar,cream and coffee/tea holders. The markings look like GK or SK made in
Germany. It looks the the Empire style in White,black, and lots of 24 Kt.gold paint with embossed design in the gold paint. I bought it in a Toronto antique mall for $1200.00 over 25 years ago. It is in perfect condition. I believe it was made in the late 19th century or early 20th century and was a one of a kind or very limited production. I want to sell this any some other items and am wondering where to look for selling them and what to charge. Can you help me?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your German porcelain.Could you very kindly attach a photo of the set, and the pattern, and a full photo of the bottom of one of the pieces to show the mark.Also, does the set have a teapot? Or any other serving pieces?Many thanks and wait to hear,Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****, I don't know how to attach photos to the website. I do want the information but will have to wait until Thursday or Friday when my son can come over to help me. Can I com back then? This was explained in the email I sent with the question. I would describe it as a coffee pot though all the items are small or like demi cups and saucers etc.
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.
Yes by all means wait until Thursday or Friday, that would be just fine.Your question will remain open for as long as you wish.Look forward to seeing what you have in due course.Best wishes,Robert