Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

I have a set of Rosenthal Sanssouci Ivory china that was purchased

Customer Question

I have a set of Rosenthal Sanssouci Ivory china that was purchased in Germany in 1954. All pieces are handpainted and numbered. The set includes 8 large plates, 12 small plates, 12 saucers, 18 cups, 1 relish dish, 1 large serving platter, 1 medium serving platter, 1 covered serving dish, 1 coffeepot, 1 sugar dish with cover, and 1 creamer.
Can you tell me the approximate value, please?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with this question.
Rosenthal began making Sanssouci in the 1950s and the pattern is still in production.
If all your pieces are in perfect condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your set is approximately $2,000. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of 40% of the retail amount, or approximately $800, depending on location and actual condition.
I hope this answer has been helpful to you. If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does affect my job.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated by the site for my answer if you rate me positively.
You do that immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer.
Thank you so much!
I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. Experts are only compensated when and if you, the customer, leaves a favorable rating.