Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a compass verifier that dates

Customer Question

I have a compass verifier that dates back to the late 1800's it's in GREAT shape... It was our grandfathers .. He Collected navigational tools.. Sextants, clinometer, ect.. He was a clock / watch maker from Sweden.. He would uses these tools very day.. I have pages of his daily readings.. The dial faces on the compass verifier say..dial protected by patent No.1397..Glasgow Greenock Liverpool London... On the side it reads Clinometer .. It is covered by a brass dome remove able cover.. It all so reads on the face.. Honi Soit Qui Amal Y Pense adieu Et Mon Droit.. Best I can tell that means ( Shame to Him who Thinks Evil of it)
D.M. Gregor & Co., Patentees & Manufacturers of the Compass Verifier the latest & Best Invention for Ascertaining the Campass Errors of Iron Vessels..advertisement June 3 rd 1876 .. Thank you for any information on the compass verifier
Leesa XXXXXXXXX
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Need more pictures???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. At your convenience, please send more photos. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely,Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't tell if the pictures are being sent or not ! :-/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I hope I did that right
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is an ad I found
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This like the one I have.. The handles on ours look to be a little fancier ..
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found a picture of one at compass museums..then under The D.M. Gregor they have one for a ship that they are trying to restore...
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I have not found a sale record to an exact match to your compass verifier by M'Gregor.
I can provide an estimate of value based on comparables
~OR~
I can opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional fee.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi~
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora