Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have a very rustic table and 4 captains chairs that belonged

Customer Question

I have a very rustic table and 4 captains chairs that belonged to my grandparents both born in the 1890's. I have a picture, cannot find markings.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Your game table and arm chairs would have been produced circa 1960 and from the photo appear to be maple. This rustic style was made popular in the 1950's when maple reproduction antique furniture was exploding on the east coast. The chairs are modeled after a Windsor style chair and the table is modeled after a pedestal table.
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
In excellent condition your game table would value between 450-600USD and the captains chairs would value between 45-65USD each.
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
If there are any damages to the finish on the chairs and table or any structural damages, this would detract from the resale value.
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
I hope this information was helpful to you today.Best of luck with your vintage game table and chairs.Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.Thank You,FrankPlease let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.