Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I found some white mugs with a platinum, silver or gold rim

Customer Question

I found some white mugs with a platinum, silver or gold rim around the top at my grandmother's house. The bottom of them says FireKing but I can't fine them anywhere online. They look very similar to the FireKing mugs in colors but they are white. Do you know anything about them?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure if these pictures are coming through of the cup. Could u please let me know? The rim looks more silver than it does gold
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is another one
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Certainly
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience.
You have a set of c-ring with silver rim stacking milk glass mugs by Anchor Hocking for their Fire-King Wares line. They were made in less quantity and are harder to find, however they are not as high on the collector list for Fire-King wares like their jadeite glass. They cannot be used in a microwave because of conductivity and continuous use and washing does wear away the decorative metal tone rim.
Here is a link for you to a matching set of 10 stacking mugs that sold for $10:
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/10-vintage-anchor-hocking-fire-king-430335632
On today's market, expect to garner $1 - $5 per mug at auction.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora