rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I just purchased a Fiske Ironworks ( zinc) garden statue of

Customer Question

I just purchased a Fiske Ironworks ( zinc) garden statue of a nude woman sitting on a blanket. It is signed by the company. I have pics I could send. I cannot find it on the internet, so I need to know approx. value.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed. I would need pictures of the figurine and its dimensions. Could you provide them? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, I can forward the email with pictures-where do I email them to
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Please, send the picture to the following email address***@******.*** , They will forward the pictures to me. Please, remember to include the question link showed below in the email:http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/9a8a828984db4d1d91ed050bad5219e2Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everytime I try to email to the address you gave me, it comes back undeliverable.
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
The email is: "*****@******.*** " I have just tried to send an email, and it was sent correctly. Could you recheck the spelling? Just in case
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.
The value will be in the range of 900-1,700$.
If you want to sell the unit I would recommend to sell them on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. You can also sell the lot locally, Craigslist is free, and a lot of collectors look at the ads on Craiglist.
Keep in mind if you sell the unit to a resell shop, the price will decrease 20-30% from market value.
You can sell the item on Etsy, it's like you put the item in a online shop. You may also check Amazon Market Place. Both places have good reputation, and you can easily sell the items for a good price.
Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please, remember to rate my answer!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already knew the info you shared concerning similar items by Fiske, but I could not find this exact item which made me think it was rare. Do you access to catalogs from this company to see if and when it was manufactured,etc ?
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Yes, I checked the following catalog: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2009631186/ And this one: http://www.jordanantiquarianbooks.com/media/img/fiske_iron_works.jpg And the following book: https://books.google.com/books?id=OY_o8YXKg8QC&pg=PA633&lpg=PA633&dq=Fiske+Ironworks+zinc+catalog&source=bl&ots=XpU-aOXBpD&sig=fKhRgTUtwy4DwQLSIoISiZXLMfw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAmoVChMI9_vQqMbbxgIVZf5yCh0ckQMr#v=onepage&q=Fiske%20Ironworks%20zinc%20catalog&f=false Unfortunately, none of them include a picture of a similar statue than the one that you have. There is a reference in the book that says that Fiske company manufactured woman statues to be use as fountains. However, I could not find either any fountain which could be similar to your statue. Sorry I cannot be more helpful