rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

What to know year and maker of dinning room set any any other

Customer Question

what to know year and maker of dinning room set any any other info was told over 100 yrs old and where to sell if want to
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send more photos.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here are the other items that go with it
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I am not able to make a match to a maker of this set for you.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any info about this piece would be so helpful
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This set looks to Monterey Furniture (California) , a company that made furniture in the 1930's to resemble the furniture in old California missions and haciendas. It is also loosely reminiscent of Mission Oak furniture, though Monterey always used darker woods and stains. The value of your whole set is $1750 to 2250.00.The best thing to do in your case is to contact an antiques auction that also has an online presence (invaluable.com and/or liveauctioneers.com). You can go on either of these websites and do searches by zip code, region so that you could find one nearest to you (pick the largest city near you for best prices at auction) . They will come to you and let you know what will do well in their auction. If you consign, they will take it away for you and handle everything. This will cost a 10-20% commission off of the check that they would send you 14 to 45 days after the auction.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I see that you have read my answer. Please do click the stars so that the website will credit me for my time. Thanks so much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have tried looking up what you have said and i do not see anything that looks like my stuff at all, do you have any pics or anything that might show that it is from then, someone else said they think it was polish or sweeden hand crafted,
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I do not have an exact photo of your set to show as an example, no. Your furniture is not Scandinavian because they did not use any colonial or chunky wood in their furniture styling. The colonial features of back slatting, the hardware, the turned legs, and the more utilitarian features make your set an American set, and California is where this type of styling was melded and adopted into Monterey Furniture.