Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

I have an original painting by S Letha Nichols, a local artist

Customer Question

I have an original painting by S Letha Nichols, a local artist from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. Ms. Nichols is the artist behind the pen and ink drawing of the Broken Arrow High School crest as well as a painting of Newt Williams. The painting depicts the first Broken Arrow high school which burned down. It was painted in 1981 for the class of 1931 50th anniversary. My grandfather won it as a door prize. I would like to get it appraised to insure as well as possibly sell.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 1 year ago.
Sally Letha Phillips Nichols (1914 - 2002) as n artist she is currently known only in Oklahoma. As a regional artist her work has not sold in the secondary market. This is where we track the sales history of a deceased artist and base our value or estimates of value. However I will give you a value based on the subject and quality of the painting. The estimated retail value is $300.00 to $400.00. I suggest you try to sell it as close to home as possible, where it has the greatest interest and therefore the greatest value.Thank you for your question. Have a great day. Cheers Tim