Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I saw your response to the person with the Paul Van de Pol

Customer Question

I saw your response to the person with the Paul Van de Pol lithographs. I recently obtained an original watercolor of the Golden Gate Bridge from the same artist. It is signed on the front with a handwritten message on the back from the artist. It describes the painting and says it was done on March 15. 1976 and signed again by Paul Van de Pol. It is 16x20". I have pictures of both the front and back. What might this be worth? I only paid $5 for it. Thank you!
Teresa
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. you cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails.
.
The Paul Van de Pol Water Color, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $150.00-200.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Art Gallery or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As Art is subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.
.
If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! .
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the handwritten message from the artist on the back add to the $150-$200 estimate or is that already factored in?Thank you.Teresa
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Teresa
It is already factored in, the artist put this message on many of his paintings.
.
.
.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda