Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I recently acquired a large Royal Dresden porcelain pedestal

Customer Question

I recently acquired a large Royal Dresden porcelain pedestal piece. It is very heavy, and about 26 inches high x 11-1/2 in wide. It is cobalt blue with gold embellishment. On each side there is a scene from what looks to be the 1800's or earlier. I can't find anything on line about how much it could be worth ? It has a gold crown on the bottom with what looks like a drawn SL initial beside it...and underneath the gold crown there are the initials: backwards R beside a K. The scene is a man a woman with Marie Antoinette like garments, hair, etc and there are two shorter people with instruments and the man beside the woman is holding a violin and she has a book on her lap. The same picture appears on the other side as well in an oval type picture with gold around it. It is a statement piece ! Can you possibly tell me how much it's worth ? Please ?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Do you have any photos of the piece as well as the maker's marking you may be able to send? There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows: UPLOAD:The link below will direct you through our upload processhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert EMAIL:You can also email pictures to***@******.*** with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.Thank you for your time,Frank