Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a chest of drawers 48" long, 30" high, 30" deep. with

Customer Question

I have a chest of drawers 48" long, 30" high, 30" deep. with a fitted, brown-flecked marble top. My father found it in a barn piled high with old furniture just after WWII. It has been in constant use ever since, and is in excellent condition, nothing coming apart anywhere. Drawers are dove-tailed. Burl on drawer fronts. Fully loaded, they slide extremely easily out and in by pulling only one side - no hardware rollers. Two corner pilasters have large bases and a lotus style capital. I would love to know the age and origin.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
Is there a makers mark or name on the back of this? It may be inside a drawer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing on the back or the inside or outsides of any of the drawers.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Unless this is marked there is no way to know where or who made it. The date looks to be from the 1920's. It is a Walnut Dresser with Burled Walnut on the Drawers and it looks like on the sides also. I could not even began to guess who may have made this. The area it was found in would be a good guess, usually persons purchase furniture locally. But, it is always possible someone brought it with them from another area. There is just no way to know.
It can be valued though if you like.