Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a leather office chair with name plate "United States

Customer Question

I have a leather office chair with name plate "United States Government 0410 United States Courts. Can you help me ID it and price? Thanks, Jan
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
What do you mean Id it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where did it come from? Thanks
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
There is not way to find out where this came from other then it was used in a United States Courts Building. There are no records that are accessible by the public that would show an inventory list of all the furniture that has been purchased to be used in all the United Stats Courts across the United States. The general public is not privy to any of that information if it were even still available once a piece of furniture was not longer used in the courts. The chair can be valued for it being a Leather chair that was used in a Court of Law and it still has a tag on it.
If you would like it valued can you send a picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to send a picture but it is not working. Can I email a picture?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Yes, that would be just fine. I see you requested a phone call, that is not needed to get a value , I just need to see an image of the chair. The phone calls are additional cost to the original question.
You can email it here:
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information. I am new to all of this. I will send the picture right now. Jan
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you