Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Hand painted in Japan porcelain tea set

Customer Question

Hand painted in Japan porcelain tea set
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpt1/v/t34.0-12/p206x206/11721255_10205063539323297_3332338_n.jpg?oh=19de43ced7fb57145b2803918453a5a9&oe=55A2A4FA&__gda__=1436738554_960ff98eee3e207fa56ad81135efbe89
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have someone help me put photos on for you to see!
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the link to the image - I see one photo of the teapot.
How many pieces total in your set and are they marked on the underside?
Also, if you hold one of the tea cups up to the light, does an image show up on the bottom of the cup?
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The teapot, sugar bowl, creamer 5 cups and saucers and 5 desert plates.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information.
Are the pieces marked on the underside? Did you check the cups by holding them up to a light to see if a 'secret' picture shows through the bottom?
~Nora