Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a signed Frances Hook print of "The Carpenter". It is

Customer Question

I have a signed Frances Hook print of "The Carpenter". It is number 107 and by the signature is a pencil drawing of an ivy stem or little branch. Could you give me a value of this? Thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. What is the size? At your convenience, please send photos. A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal. When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The size is 24x20. Do you have an email I can send the pictures to?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email. Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok they're on the way
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for the heads-up on emailing images. I will certainly let you know when they have arrived to me. In the meantime, be on the look-out for a confirmation email from customer service confirming they have received your images and will forward to me. Sincerely, Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
I received your images and thank you for your patience.
Your vintage signed limited edition print that was published by Roman Inc and accompanied by a COA sells for an average of $25 and a high of $50 on today's auction market.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have seen the same print online going from $800. up to $4000. Why would there be such a difference in value?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Those were asking prices and not actual auction sale prices. Any person can ask any price they want on any items they own - they key is finding a buyer at your asking price.
Sincerely,
Nora