Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Nora, I have a hand done and colored, very old drawing of one of M.

Customer Question

Hi Nora, I have a hand done and colored, very old drawing of one of M.I.Hummels. pictures. It is not signed, but from my research I understand she retained her rights and often reproduced her pictures on bits of paper and card for friends and students. It is extremely well done and almost, but not quite identical to the original.Someone, a long time ago, had it nicely framed. How can I found out if she actually drew it?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
Thank you for the request.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I gave attached dome photos. Its hard to get them without reflections so that is what the color variances are. I would appreciate your opinion. Thanks
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nora. I also forgot the size. The actual art us only about 5 inches by 4 inches .
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the dimensions.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
In order for to me personally authenticate this as an original work by Hummel, I would need to inspect this in person.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora