Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a cake plate I am passing on to my

Customer Question

I have a cake plate I am passing on to my Great-Granddaughter for her first birthday that was my grandmother Lees" I want to Know the History, Please. It has a fine gold ring on an Ivory glazed ceramic. There are garlands of flowers on the edge, bouquets
all al scattered, a bouquet in the middle . It is 11 1/2 in circumference. It has a small foot and is rough where it stood to be fired. On the bottom It has red lettering. There is a Pagoda in a circle with picture on a Mt. below it. It says Made in Japan.
It as these letters CAMVS los with a squiggle over the last three. The top of the pagoda has a line coming up with a thing that looks like a plume of smoke. Thank you, ***** *****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora