Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

Have antique Hartmann gibraltarized wardrobe trunk that my

Customer Question

Have antique Hartmann gibraltarized wardrobe trunk that my mother took to college in 1928 . Has original hangers in it and drawers on the other side . What is the lowest price one would expect to get for it .
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer, My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.These vintage Hartm***** *****robe trunks can bring as much as 1500-2000USD in a retail location in excellent condition. In auctions though you can see them sell as low as 150-300USD in good shape. With a piece like this condition will also play a major role in the resale value. Any damages would certainly devalue the piece. I hope this information was helpful to you today.Best of luck with your vintage trunk.Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.Thank You,FrankPlease let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Have a great weekend, Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not address " gibraltarized " Hartmann trunk which I think is more valuable than without that designation .
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
I apologize, those values are based on up to date sales of the Hartmann Gibraltarized trunks. The spell check must have deleted the word when it didn't recognize it. I hope that the information was helpful to you today,Best,Frank